On Thursday, March 14th, Samsung unveiled their new Galaxy S4. With it came a slew of new features, but what does that mean for us S3 users?
Unless we're willing to shell out big bucks for the full retail version, most of us S3 owners (at least in the states) will not be eligible for upgrades until next year.
Luckily for us, a Samsung VP named Nick DiCarlo said, "Anything that we can do that's not dependent on hardware like infrared, we'll definitely bring to all the flagship devices."
So, what exactly does that mean?
While there's no way to be sure, we can speculate the following features will be brought over via the update.
- Drama Shot: Take up to 100 photos in 4 seconds, and overlay them into one.
- Eraser: Easily remove them people who walk in to your photo.
- Dual mode: Use both cameras at the same time.
- Sound & Shot: Captures an image with sound.
- Dual Video call: Use both cameras while on a video chat, presumably only works with Samsung's ChatON software.
- S Translator: Translates nine different languages in real-time – both text to speech and speech to text.
- S Voice Drive: Control your phone with your voice while in the car – it can even read SMS messages and the like back to you.
- S Health: With accompanying accessories – S Band, Body Scale, and Heart Rate Monitor – the GS4 will help you get healthy.
- Air Call: Wave your hand over the screen to answer a call. Presumably, other "Air" as well, such as changing songs.
- Group Play: Lets users share music, photos, documents, and games with devices around without the need for Wi-Fi or even a cellular AP.
- Share Music: Plays the same song on multiple devices in real-time.
All this being said, keep in mind that most U.S. carriers still haven't pushed out the last update, so any timetable of seeing this release would be pure speculation.
We're more or less going to have to rely on the SoftModder community to get these things rolled out beforehand, so stay tuned...
Start your career in Graphic Design with the Gadget Hacks Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course